Customer support specialist
Periscope is a data analysis tool for professional data analysts that allows them to type SQL queries and get charts really, really fast.
Analysts spend their lives in Periscope, doing ad-hoc analyses, putting together dashboards to share to external clients, and displaying KPIs to entire companies. Your job is to help them do that.
You will be on Periscope's front line, talking to users, building customer relationships, and making the customer experience the best it can be.
What you'll do?
- Onboard and mentor new Periscope users.
- Share Periscope and SQL best practices.
- Help customers craft complex SQL queries.
- Collaborate with users on data visualization techniques.
- Hand-deliver happiness to customers, one chat at a time.
- You love teaching and helping people. You are known as the person who will always lend a hand and has infinite patience.
- You're a natural relationship builder and strong communicator. You have the ability to communicate complicated concepts in a clear and professional manner.
- You have an analytical mind and some familiarity with data tools like Excel, Tableau, and/or SQL consoles.
- You're a quick and avid learner. You will not know everything on day 1, but the prospect of making large gains by the end of week 1 is exciting to you.
- We're a team of 10 with venture funding, paying customers, and a spacious loft apartment in SF to work out of.
- We're obsessively customer-focused. The customer's experience is the highest priority and we're all incredibly excited to work with the first dedicated members of our support team.
- We have close relationships with our customers. We see customers several times a week, and email with them several times a day
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
Company: Taykey, Inc.
Position: VP, Marketing
Reports to: CEO
Location: New York, NY
Date: May 18, 2015
Taykey is the industry-leading provider of dynamic media solutions. Our platform enables advertisers and agencies to discover what their audience is talking about right now and deliver advertising against those trends. The result is advertising relevance, increased performance and an enhanced understand of audience segmentation and interests.
The VP, Marketing role is a key addition to the leadership team at Taykey. This individual will lead the Marketing team in defining and delivering on Taykey’s marketing strategy. The ideal candidate will have the ability to think strategically about brand architecture, expand reach through PR, social and paid acquisition programs, drive customer activation and retention improvements, work collaboratively with a sales team to develop new programs and lead a team of creative designers. The ideal candidate will possess a metrics-driven mindset that will be used to evaluate results and make future recommendations on marketing investment. As the VP, Marketing, you will plan and lead the implementation of the tactical components of marketing communications initiatives, both short and long range; these initiatives will be targeted toward prospects, customers and partners. This role requires the ability to mobilize marketing resources – internal and external – as well as to roll up your sleeves and get work done individually. The VP, Marketing must work effectively with other internal groups including sales, operations, partnerships and product management. In addition to strong writing, presentation and analytical skills, the candidate must have demonstrated experience in the digital marketing technology ecosystem.
Areas of Accountability
- Lead the development and execution of a clear brand story that is consistent with the company vision; evangelize both internally and externally across multiple marketing channels, including online, traditional advertising, social, mobile, event marketing and market, trade and industry publications.
- Own the marketing strategy component of Taykey’s go-to-market plans. Effectively build and efficiently execute this plan using available resources and budget.
- Identify overarching marketing needs of sales team; develop short and long-term strategy and tactics to assist in the delivery of quarterly and annual revenue targets. Oversee production of all sales enablement material (pitch decks, proposals, conference collateral, etc).
- Develop and oversee the scheduled execution of Taykey’s annual marketing budget. Ensure effective marketing results and take corrective action to guarantee that execution against marketing objectives falls within designated budgets. Utilize analysis of data to also recommend future areas of marketing investment.
- Conduct marketing surveys on current and new product concepts, and provide streamlined feedback to the organization for future product development.
- Own all competitive and market intelligence assessments. Be the go-to person for all advertising-specific industry, market and analyst information, including all competitive information by vertical segment, product type and company type. Partner with Product Management function to synthesize understanding of landscape and recommendations on future marketing strategy.
- Work with sales and other related departments to ensure strong customer references and industry analyst exposure.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Extensive experience leading the marketing of a major application software product line.
- Seasoned leader of marketing teams; significant and specific referenceable accomplishments in the marketing technology industry.
- Successful track record in collaborating across organizational functions and driving cross-functional initiatives.
- Strong operational mindset, decisive, “get it done” mentality. Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality.
- Strong writer and presenter; has mastered the ability to clearly position businesses and articulate business value to both internal and external audiences.
We're looking for a VP of Product to join the Taykey Leadership team and lead the Product team in defining and delivering our product strategy and roadmap. We're looking for a leader with proven experience in SaaS, ideally in both the Media and Big Data and Analytics markets . The role requires a smart, creative operator that can be hands-on to get things done and has demonstrated that s/he can inspire and empower high-talent, highly-committed individuals.
As Strategic Leader of Product, define and deliver a product roadmap that delivers revenue growth through strong positioning and differentiation.
- Orchestrate appropriate participation of executives and stakeholders across the organization in the planning process.
- Lead product managers in defining products that meet immediate and long-term customer and business needs.
- Develop positioning, pricing, and packaging for our products to ensure a cohesive strategy.
Lead the product and user experience teams in executing and managing product definition, development, and delivery from concept to launch.
- Work with engineering to ensure high-quality and timely development and delivery of products within an agile development framework.
- Ensure cross-organizational flow of information across product launch and lifecycle activities.
- Inspire and coach a product and design team in meeting company goals and achieving their individual next performance levels.
Champion ongoing competitive, market, and user research to ensure decisions are based on sound use of both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Track market trends and technologies and determine if and when to incorporate new solutions into our product suite.
- Drive innovation across the product suite, identifying and driving solutions that anticipate changing customer and market environments.
- Extensive experience leading the strategic direction of a major application software product line.
- Proven executive leadership of product management, product marketing, and user experience teams.
- Strong commitment to customer advocacy and success.
- Successful track record in collaborating across organizational functions and driving cross-functional initiatives.
- Strong operational mindset, decisive, “get it done” mentality.
- Experience with delivering line using agile development methodologies.
Building the Best Team in 3D printing
We’re keeping the flexibility and endurance of our startup days even as we develop into one of the biggest names in desktop 3D printing.
Join the Form Team if you think that results matter more than titles, that details matter when you design and engineer a product, and that effort is wasted if it doesn’t improve the customer experience. Join us if you think that you should love working with your team and believe that people can manage their own schedule to get their work done. Join us if you think that work should be a passion, not a job.
Join us if you want to reinvent the way things are made.
Sales Development Representative
If you have superb conversational skills, enjoy befriending and meeting new people, and are generally told you're pretty charming, and are looking to jump-start your sales career, the Sales Development Representative role is perfect for you. Sales Development Representatives are responsible for generating new lead opportunities while working hand-in-hand with our Senior Sales Executives to bring in new business. The position is designed to help you develop your sales skills with real-time training so that you can acquire the skills needed to become a successful salesperson. We'll give you the training and tools and it's your responsibility to make the most of every sales opportunity.
- Connecting with prospects using email and phone and responding to all inbound leads
- Working closely with the sales team to accelerate sales cycle and to extend reach into key accounts
- Recommend any process enhancements / new strategies to optimize sales cycle and close rates
- Acting as a key customer-facing employee and representing the StoryBox brand with professionalism and integrity
- Being a key member of a very small team (less than 10 employees)
- Managing and logging activity using our CRM RelateIQ, Google Docs, Microsoft Office etc.
- Very quick ramp up to delivering sales presentations and closing deals
- Highly-motivated, competitive people
- Hunter personality
- Superior communicators
- Willing to learn
- Intelligent, tech-savvy, hard-working, fun-loving individuals
- Creative thinkers
- University degree required
- Salary, equity, commission, and medical benefits
- An amazing team with a great office location (downtown San Francisco, one block from the New Montgomery Bart station)
- Ability to be part of an exciting and profitable startup at the ground floor level
StoryBox helps marketers capture and leverage customers stories to better tell their brand narrative. Everyday, customers use their voices, pictures, videos, and words to share their experiences with products and services, creating the most trustworthy, shareable, and memorable way to learn about a brand.
StoryBox has helped tell the stories of hundreds of companies, including Anheuser-Busch, Disney, Levi's, and Mammoth Mountain. Storybox is located in San Francisco, California, and is backed by Google Chairman Eric Schmidt's Innovation Endeavors and Blumberg Capital. More information is available at www.GetStoryBox.com or hello@GetStoryBox.com.
Hiring Head of Business Development and Strategy
Atavist, the software and media startup, is looking for new head of business development and strategy to push our growth to the next level. Backed by Eric Schmidt, Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz, and IAC, we have built the makings of a new kind of digital platform company, including:
- Creatavist, the scalable engine of our business, is a uniquely powerful cloud-based storytelling software, with tens of thousands of users from creative professionals, to organizations small and large, to major publishers and brands such as the Weather Channel, TED, Harvard, Esquire, and more.
- The Atavist, our longform publication built on Creatavist, has been nominated for countless awards and leads the web in digital design, while at the same time becoming a pipeline for Hollywood film and TV deals.
Now, we need a strategic thinker to join the leadership team and take the company to the next level, building on the traction we’ve already obtained with Creatavist. We need the combination of strategy and execution that can take us from tens of thousands of users to hundreds of thousands, who can help us model around and monetize those users, and who can leverage our brand and platform into the next stage of growth.
Specifically, this person will:
- Develop and implement user acquisition and growth strategies for Creatavist.
- Determine how best to position the Creatavist brand going forward.
- Identify and pursue major partnership opportunities.
- Lead targeted sales efforts to obtain larger brand clients.
- Direct our business team (currently 4), including client services, marketing, sales, and business operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in finance, business, marketing, etc. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years experience in a general management, marketing, or business development role at a software company, preferably a SaaS company with a freemium model.
- Strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to evaluate larger market opportunities and technology trends, and articulate potential benefits which align with company goals.
- Experience with running user acquisition campaigns, including brand awareness and lead generation strategies, using online and offline channels.
- Excellent proposal writing and presentation/pitch skills.
- Ability to harness customer information and use it to drive business decisions and results.
- Demonstrated aptitude to understand technical concepts and ability to earn credibility with members of a product team.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment, internalize analytics, make decisions, and execute. Willingness to dig in and learn what you don't know.
The position offers leadership-level salary and equity, and will be based in our fun, dog-friendly
Full Stack Web Developer at Lumo BodyTech, A Consumer Health Tech Company
Location: Palo Alto, CA / www.lumobodytech.com
Lumo BodyTech is a smart sensor and big data company aimed at improving people’s health and has venture backing from premier investors including Madrona Venture Group, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, and Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures. We seek to expand our world-class team by investing in a Full Stack Web Developer to help build new products and experiences that can enhance peoples lives with a new wave of wearable technologies and digital health data that is rapidly changing the ways we can solve real-world problems.
The Full Stack Web Developer will lead the development, management and implementation of LUMO’s web properties and products. Work collaboratively across teams to build & deploy web applications working through the full project lifecycle.
Minimum 2 years rapid web development
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to build and maintain customer-facing and internal LUMO web properties
- Lead implementation of web products and services to provide access to user’s personal data
- Ability to customize and install marketing pixels, examine website health, diagnose and solve down-time issues
- Ability to manage and deploy email templates and campaigns
- Strong skills in HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience with Python (Django) and MySQL
- Experience with A/B testing, e-commerce implementations and SEO
- Experience with ecommerce platforms
- Must be able to run reports and familiarity with analytics
- Must be a strong communicator with great attention to detail
Android Engineer at Lumo BodyTech, A Consumer Health Tech Company
Location: Palo Alto, CA / www.lumobodytech.com
Lumo BodyTech is a smart sensor and big data company aimed at improving people’s health and has venture backing from premier investors including Madrona Venture Group, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, and Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures. We seek to expand our world-class team by investing in an Android Engineer to help build new products and experiences that can enhance peoples lives with a new wave of wearable technologies and digital health data that is rapidly changing the ways we can solve real-world problems.
As an Android Software Engineer, you will design and develop new android applications that interact with Lumo’s range of products. You will work closely with designers, product managers and engineers to develop new and engaging mobile experiences on the android platform.
- You will be responsible for architecting, developing and maintaining one or more android applications.
- Solid understanding of Android SDK and Java.
- Experience building multi threaded applications on android platform.
- 5+ years of strong programming experience in Java and at least one other programming language.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- A portfolio of successfully released Android applications in the Play Store. (Please include links to apps in your resume)
- Willingness to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
Interlude is looking for a best-in-class front-end developer specialized in UX that would be responsible for the interface designs of Interlude’s non-linear videos. The front-end developer is a key member of the team, working with our production, creative, and development teams to revolutionize and evolve the next generation of storytelling.
Interlude (interlude.fm) is an award-winning digital media company that designs, develops and markets interactive video technology that has been used by entertainment companies, brands, production companies and independent filmmakers. Interlude’s videos have been recognized for their creative excellence with a Webby, Cannes Lions, Golden Pencil, Spike Asia, TIME’s Video of the Year, Time Out London Video of the Year, Buzzfeed Video of the Year, MTVO, and other awards.
Treehouse is Interlude’s self-service authoring suite that enables all video creators, whether enthusiasts or professionals, to create seamless interactive videos.Interlude is backed by Sequoia Capital, Intel Capital, NEA, Marker and Innovation Endeavors.
Visit http://www.interlude.fm and http://treehouse.interlude.fm to discover more
Who We Work With
The New York office supports Interlude's wide-range of bespoke interactive videos. These include working with the world's major labels and music industry luminaries to revolutionize the future of music content. Some recently big-name releases include Bob Dylan's Like A Rolling Stone, Aloe Blacc's Love Is The Answer and Wiz Khalifa's Stayin Out All Night. Other notable collaborations include interactive campaigns for household brands which include Pepsi and its worldwide World Cup campaign, Subaru's launch of the Forrester, and Pepperidge Farm's Goldfish crackers. Finally, the team in NY works with the world leading media companies, including NBC Universal, Fox, Disney, and ESPN on everything from interactive trailers to original content.
Interlude is a start-up company with 2 offices in New York City, USA and Tel Aviv, Israel.
The 40+ Interluders gather twice a week over a themed lunch, and go on company-sponsored outings (recent ones include Karaoke, Go-Karts racing, and horseback riding).
We are a dog-friendly company, and the official NYC office dog Luda will be happy to keep you company, as long as you provide her with treats.
- Create interactive front ends based off of designs and wireframes
- Communicate with the design team to create the best UX
- Deliver successful solutions and high quality work, on time, with attention to detail
- Learn new skills and remain up-to-date with development principles, industry trends, and emerging technologies
Desired Skills, Attributes and Experience
- Familiar with the Adobe software suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash
- Experience with taking a design wireframe and creating the interactive html version
- Knowledge of video creation and codecs a huge plus
- Ability to code in PHP a plus
- Details are a top priority for you
- Experience with management and bug tracking softwares like Asana and Jira
- The office is a Mac and PC environment
- A degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
How to apply
Send your portfolio and resume to email@example.com Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the US and paperwork will be verified prior to and as a condition to hire. Position is for the New York office.
VP Finance & Administration
Interlude: New York, New York
The key goals of the VP of Finance and Administration are to provide leadership and coordination of:
- company financial planning and analysis,
- venture and debt financings,
- negotiation of key company commercial contracts, and
- work with the Director of Finance/Accounting on budget management, tax planning, administrative policies, and ensuring company accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Direct, coordinate, and execute financial planning and budget management functions
- Lead the negotiation and closure of venture capital, strategic capital, and debt financings
- Conduct analyses to inform strategic planning processes within the company, and to inform contract negotiations, product investment, and other decisions
- Support business development and other functional teams in the final negotiation of major company contracts. Be the key management liaison to outside legal counsel.
- Work with the Director of Finance/Accounting to monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget, ensure timely preparation of reports and forecasts, and file audits, tax, and other financial reports on a timely basis.
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- MBA Required
- Experience with contemporary Media business models, including knowledge of benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance.
- Experience in negotiating business terms of stock purchase, debt, and commercial contractual agreements in venture/growth stage companies.
- Experience in Finance functions within a successful startup or VC organization
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Top notch product person in Israel
- Web engineer in Israel
- Engineers - Crawling and scraping
- Front End - UX / Design, individual rockstar and focusing on mobile.
- GM - Member for the executive team, worked in the US and global mobile, not a tech.
- Front & Backend engine
- Content marketing
Software Engineer - Python and Senior Java Server developer
Hiring full-time SEO manager & many other jobs
Many Job openings
Product Marketing Manager
Cirrosecure: Sunnyvale/Santa Clara CA)
Hot, venture backed, early stage cloud data security start up based out of silicon valley. With dozen large and mid sized customers securely under our operational belt, and several others in trial, we are poised to grow big in enterprises. Our philosophy is to deliver highly intuitive, end user empowered, instant insight and actionable products to our customers. In short we care about simplicity, scale and impact. To help us scale our business, we are looking to hire a thoughtful, high energy, action oriented product marketing manager.
The ideal candidate:
- Has real world experience executing product definition, pricing, promotion and distribution strategies.
- Must have fervor for engaging with end users, understand their needs, translating their needs to product engineering team
- Must be able to create and manage product requirements documents (PRD), customer support documentation and associated deliverables to manage full product life cycle
- Must be able to create customer, partner and analyst facing content & collateral and execute its distribution through various social media, SEO and online platforms
- Must be able to execute targeted marketing campaigns and drive results into CirroSecure’s inside sales infrastructure to drive business growth
- Will represent CirroSecure in industry forums, alliances and conferences
- Has a passion for growing high scale business
- 3-5 years product marketing or product management or growth hacking work experience
Prior hands on technology experience and/or education is must to be successful in this position. MBA is preferred but not required. firstname.lastname@example.org